With this innovative technique, patients can receive beautiful new teeth in just 2 days.
Dr Sempf has extensive training and experience in All on 4 dental implants and has completed surgical training at the MaloClinic in Portugal where the revolutionary surgical technique was first developed.
Dr Sempf’s Credentials + Training in Dental Implants and All On 4
- 15 years’ clinical experience in dental implant therapy.
- Completed the Australian Dental Association’s Postgraduate Diploma in Dental Implantology (2011).
- One of the first dentists in Australia to complete this additional qualification.
- Member Australian Society Implant Dentistry
- Member International Congress Oral Implantologists.
- Surgical training at Malo clinic in Lisbon (Portugal) with Prof Paulo Malo.
- Surgical training at Malo clinic in Melbourne.
- Commenced performing All on 4 in 2015.
All On 4 simply means a full arch of new teeth supported by 4 dental implants. The big advantage for patients is that this can usually be achieved over 2 days. We typically perform the surgical aspect of the treatment general anaesthetic in hospital (day surgery).
Once placed, your replacement teeth will look, feel, and function similar to your natural teeth. Compared to other fixed dental treatment options, All On 4 involves no bone grafting, so you’ll recover quickly. This minimally invasive process has a high success rate and causes minimal pain.
For most patients, All On 4 dental implants last for decades. However, the longevity of your implants vary depending on age, your health, and whether you floss and brush your teeth properly.
All On 4 Case Study Video
Benefits of All On 4 Implants:
- Highly successful procedure.
- Minimal pain and recovery time.
- Beautiful new teeth in just 2 days.
- Cost effective compared to conventional methods.
- Fixed teeth. No movement during eating (unlike dentures).
- Avoids the requirement for grafting.
- Maintain and support your facial features.
- No need to be removed.
As with all surgical procedures, there are some risks with All On 4 implant surgery.
- Implant failure: Implant success is very high (above 95%). On occasion though, an implant may fail to fuse to your jawbone. In this unlikely event it would need to be removed and replaced.
- Infection: Infection following surgery is exceptionally rare. All procedures are performed under sterile conditions and patients are given post-operative antibiotics. Strict adherence to post-operative instructions is vital to prevent infection.
- Pain and swelling: Postoperative pain and swelling are normal features and are to be expected following surgery. You will be provided with analgesics to manage any post-operative pain. Swelling usually peaks around day 2 and 3 and gradually subsides during the first week.
Who Can Benefit?
- Existing denture wearers who are seeking a fixed solution.
- Patients with a failing dentition who don’t want to wear dentures.
Cleaning & Care
All On 4 dental implants require no addtional cleaning to your natural teeth. This includes your normal care and general dentistry; daily brushing and flossing, along with regular dental check-ups and cleanings.
Cleaning thoroughly is vital for long term health around the implants.
Using a Waterpik® every day is an excellent way to clean under the bridge and around the implants. We encourage all our patients to include the Waterpik as part of their oral hygiene routine.
In the days and weeks following the surgery, we recommend you exercise caution when using the implanted teeth so as not to hinder the healing process.
For more information about whether All on 4 dental implants are the right choice for you, please contact us at our Helensvale dental surgery on 07 5573 1368 or request a consultation below.