Dr Michael Sempf | Experienced Dental Surgeon
Dr Sempf has been performing dental implant treatments on the Gold Coast for over 15 years.
He has extensive experience in implant surgery, from single tooth implants through to full arch implant reconstructions. Over these years he has constantly pursued his special interest in dental implant surgery and treatment and has gained further education to enhance his knowledge in this field.
- 2001 - Appointed as an associate dentist in a specialist implant practice for two years, of which he performed the prosthetic aspect of complex implant treatments.
- 2007 - Accepted into and completed the implant surgical training program at the prestigious Branemark Centre in Perth.
- 2008 - Appointed course coordinator for 2nd year dental students at Griffith University (2 years).
- 2010 - Gained selection into the highly competitive Postgraduate Diploma in Dental Implantology at Charles Sturt University in Sydney. This 18 month program encompassed training at the highest level in implant dentistry, which allowed Dr Sempf to gain extensive knowledge in dental implantology. Dr Sempf was one of the first dentists in Australia to complete this higher qualification.
- 2015 - 1 week clinical residency in Lisbon, Portugal at the Maloclinic. Received clinical training on the of All on 4 technique directly from Prof Paulo Malo, the founder of All on 4.
Dr Sempf regularly attends conferences around the world to further his skills and knowledge in implant dentistry. Recent significant conference attended as below:
Tokyo, Japan - International Congress of Oral Implantologists: ICOI (2014)
Lisbon, Portugal - Surgical training at Malo Clinic; The home of All-on-4. (2015)
New York, USA - Nobel Biocare global symposium (2016)
Les Vegas, USA - Nobel Biocare global symposium (2019)
Dr Sempf is a highly esteemed member of:
Away from dentistry, Dr Sempf enjoys all activities associated with the ocean including surfing, fishing, kite surfing and general boating with his young family.